Follow us on Facebook
The Dove Sexual Health Service is currently unable to book on-line appointments until further notice. For alternative services please call Umbrella on 0121 237 5700 or book via the Umbrella website, Thank you.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE NO SELLY OAK CLINIC APPOINTMENTS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- Sexual Health Check-ups
- Diagnosis and treatment of Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Cryo-therapy for Genital Warts (Erdington clinic only)
- Emergency Contraception
- Instant HIV testing
- Implant and IUS/IUD fitting and removal (Erdington clinic only)
- Starting a new method of contraception (we do not supply repeat prescriptions of pills but if you would like to start a new method, we can provide you with your first prescription)
ALL TREATMENTS, CONDOMS AND MEDICATION ARE FREE
10 Things you should know about us
- Anyone can attend our clinics - you do not have to be a patient at the Dove. We are around 10 minutes away from most Erdington, Kingstanding and Sutton Coldfield addresses.
- The service is very discrete. We are in a GP surgery and its just like going to see the doctor for a routine appointment.
- The service is completely free. If you need antibiotics we give these to you at the clinic without charge. There are no prescription charges and no need to see a pharmacist.
- The service is confidential - we do not contact your doctor and nothing will go onto your medical records.
- We can now have test results for HIV within minutes.
- As well as sexual health we offer free confidential contraception services.
- 70% of all people with a sexually transmitted infection have no symptoms. If you have no symptoms and just want a check up the tests are non invasive.
- We offer Rape and Sexual Violence Counselling. It is a 6 week course on a one to one with a counsellor at the Dove. The service is not only open to the direct victim but also to family and partners as well.
- We are open 5 days a week. You can book on line or by phone.
- We are here to help not judge
Who are we?
We are a team of experienced men and women who are doctors, nurses, health care assistants and receptionists, who have been trained to deal with the delicate balance of talking to anxious people about sexually transmitted infections and other sexual difficulties.
Not every genital symptom relates to sexual intercourse nor does it always mean a partner is unfaithful. These are the issues we assess and discuss openly with our patients.
Please take our Sexual Health Patient Experience Survey
(Site updated 16/08/2016)